Colvin Law Firm | Maritime & Admiralty Law Lawyers Attorney | Westbank's High Quality Personal Injury Lawyer | Auto Accident Attorney | Personal Injury Lawyer Westbank, Harvey, Marrero, Jefferson Parish

Tel: (504) 367-9001

Toll Free: (888) 330-5235

Maritime & Admiralty Lawyer / Attorney

The rivers and waters of Louisiana and surrounding Louisiana are governed by a specific set of laws. For instance, if you are injured while working as a seaman, you may be entitled to “maintenance and cure,” which are essentially a stipend to live on comparable to how you would live aboard ship and payment of medical bills. In addition, if you are injured while a member of a vessel’s crew, you may be covered by the warranty of seaworthiness and be able to recover damages in instances where the vessel is found to be unseaworthiness. On the other hand, if you are a longshoreman and have been injured because of negligence by a vessel’s crew, you may have an action against the vessel that is separate from the action for compensation you have against your employer.

Maritime & Admiralty Lawyer and Attorney

If you have been injured while engaged in such water-based employment, it’s crucial that you hire an attorney who is familiar with these matters and the laws that apply to them. The attorneys at Colvin Law Firm have experience with maritime cases, and understand the relevant laws. Whatever the nature of your claim, we will provide you with the best representation possible and fight vigorously for your interests.

Schedule A Consultation

Our friendly staff is waiting to hear from you. We can help answer any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today!

By submitting this form and the included information to us, you understand and agree that your case may be evaluated by an attorney who may contact you about this matter. You further specifically agree that the submission of your information in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. If you prefer, please call us to discuss your case at (504) 367-9001 or (888) 330-5235.