Experienced Gretna Law Firm Counsels Personal Injury Clients
Respected lawyers assist Louisiana residents harmed due to negligence
Since 1980, The Colvin Law Firm in Gretna has helped Louisiana clients who have been harmed due to another party’s negligence in car crashes, falls and other injury cases. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping personal injury victims gain compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other available damages.
Committed attorneys advocate for auto accident victims
No matter what type of motor vehicle accident you’ve been involved in, we will aim for fair compensation. Louisiana is an at-fault insurance state, so if you are injured in a crash, you can file a claim directly against the person whose negligence was the cause. Even if you were partially to blame for the accident, you can recover damages under the state’s comparative negligence doctrine, but they will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
If your crash involved an 18-wheeler or other large commercial truck, you may have suffered even more severe injuries due to the sheer size and weight of that vehicle. You also potentially have recourse to sue multiple defendants, including not only the driver but also the truck’s owner and any other party involved in its operation or maintenance.
Diligent legal advisers aid in a variety of personal injury cases
Personal injuries can happen anywhere — at work, at home, on another person’s property or even in public. We help clients gain compensation for injuries suffered in all kinds of accidents, including these:
- Slips and falls — People who slip and fall because of unsafe conditions on property may have a negligence claim against the property owner.
- Explosions and fires — We pursue compensation for bodily injuries sustained in an explosion or fire and help compile proof of loss for property damage claims.
- Product-related injuries — We help individuals who suffer harm because of defective or dangerous products file product liability claims against the manufacturer.
- Railway injuries — We assist railroad employees hurt on the job obtain compensation under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA).
- Maritime injuries — We pursue claims under the federal Jones Act for seamen who are hurt while working on vessels in navigable waters.
Whether your injuries are recoverable under federal or state law, we take all necessary measures to obtain the full compensation you deserve.
Reputable law firm seeks compensation for clients injured through medical negligence
If you were injured because a doctor or other healthcare provider failed to perform according to the standard of care expected in his or her profession, you may have a claim of medical negligence. Surgical error, misdiagnosis and improper medication are all potential grounds for suit. We help our clients pursue these claims effectively, retaining experts to review and analyze medical records and to prove the damages recoverable.
Contact a dedicated Gretna law firm for a free consultation
If you’ve been injured due to another person’s negligence, the skilled attorneys at The Colvin Law Firm in Gretna can help you get the compensation you deserve. Please call 504-517-9809 or contact us online for a free consultation.